"Detail forms the interior berm of built space, and must therefore be absolute and impenetrable." –Joe Rhode
I'm Matt – a director + designer with background in several creative categories. As referenced by the quote above, I'm motivated by thoroughly researched, representative, and intentional design – for both digital & built environments – with emphasis in:
Entertainment Design for themed environments – including story development, concept art, and set/prop design. Well-versed in traditional studio art techniques and art/architectural history.
Media Design for broadcast, interactive, events & displays – including concept development, 2D + 3D asset creation, and animation. Kinetic design for all platforms.
My primary interests lie in immersive storytelling – the development of original themed concepts and the re-imagining of existing environments through:
• Traditional illustration & concept design,
• Digital design and 3D modeling, and
• Presentation of these ideas through animated video.
Though I have been known to do other things, too:
• Upstream concept & story development (CD roles),
• Look, layout, and overall aesthetic for various projects, static & kinetic (AD duties),
• Interactive design for web & mobile applications (UI/UX),
• Storyboards & animatics (pre-production),
• And of course, motion design & video editing (production & post).
Additionally, I've founded and regularly contribute to other ventures, such as: